When Olaplex came to the market, it literally changed the hair industry. There had never before been a product that rebuilt the broken bonds in the hair the way Olaplex does. They not only have salon treatments, but they also have an at home Olaplex #3 treatment that you can do by yourself to keep your hair healthy in between salon services. Excited?! Follow these simple steps to use your at home treatment.
- Step 1 – Get all your supplies ready before hopping into the shower. Have a clip for your hair, a wet brush (or a big tooth comb), and your Olaplex #3 open and ready for use. There is a silver lining that can be kinda hard to remove when your hands are wet so make sure to remove it beforehand.
- Step 2 – Shampoo your hair in the shower with your favorite shampoo for your hair type. Olaplex does not deliver protein nor moisture to the hair. If you are needing any of these in addition to the Olaplex, you should apply them accordingly. It’s best applied to towel dried hair.
- Step 3 – After shampooing, apply your Olaplex #3 treatment and use your brush of choice to distribute the product through your hair. If you need more product, apply where needed and use your clip to hold your hair up and out of the way.
- Step 4 – Allow Olaplex #3 to sit for 10 minutes, then rinse out and shampoo again. You could now do a hydration masque, protein masque, or use your daily conditioner.
- Optional – Longer treatment: towel dry your hair to ensure your hair isn’t full of water. Then apply Olaplex #3 and leave in for more than 10 minutes. The longer you leave it the more bonds that rebuild.
The results from Olaplex are permanent until you do something that breaks the bond again, causing damage to your hair. Styling tools, hair products, and outdoor activities all cause daily damage to the hair and Olaplex is a great way to keep your hair strong and long!